Biography of H.E. Secretary General
NAME:Abbas Ali Al-Naqi
Current Position:Secretary General, Organization of Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC), since March 1, 2008.
Mr. Abbas Ali Al-Naqi, has an extensive background in the petroleum and energy fields. Major positions held by Mr. Al-Naqi prior to joining OAPEC were as follow:
- Undersecretary, Ministry of Oil, Kuwait.
- Assistant Undersecretary for Economic Affairs, Ministry of Oil, Kuwait.
- OAPEC Executive Bureau, Representative of the State of Kuwait.
- Head, Kuwaiti National Committee on UNFCCC.
- Vice-President, representative, Asia, UNFCCC Climate Change Bureau (COP 2).
Mr. Al-Naqi, the SecretaryGeneral, still a member of the following:
- Board of Governors of Oxford Institute for Energy Studies.
- Oxford Energy Policy Club.
- Arab Energy Club.
- Kuwait Accountants and Auditors Association.
Mr. Al-Naqi was a member of the Board of Directors of several Kuwaiti and Arab Petroleum companies, namely:
- Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC).
- Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC).
- Kuwait Oil Company (KOC).
- Kuwait Gulf Oil Company (KGOC).
- Board of Trustees - Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR).
- Arab Petroleum Investments Corporation (APICORP).
- Arab Maritime Petroleum Transport Company (AMPTC).